Brake & Clutch Service
in Maddington WA
Its never a good idea to gamble with your safety.
Your car’s various braking systems play an important role in keeping you and your family safe while driving and it is important to make sure your car is in a safe and working order.
Odd noises and abnormal behaviours while braking might not seem to be an immediate cause for concern, but braking safely is not something you should gamble with. Stopping power is at it's most important when you need to stop in an emergency situation and your brakes need to be performing at their best when you really need them.
Wheeler Automotives has many years of experience in braking systems, inspections and brake repairs. Call us today if you have any concerns about your cars braking capability. Wheeler Automotives can offer advice or check your brakes to ensure they are working correctly and keeping you safe and on the road.
A Wheeler Automotives brake service may include;
Common brake problems Wheeler Automotives encounter
- Brake pedal goes lower than it used to, even all the way to the floor – this usually means you are losing pressure in your system somewhere, such as the brake lines, the master cylinder or your wheel cylinders
- Brake pedal seems "spongy" – this usually means you have air in your brake lines. The brake lines will need to be inspected for leaks, drained then refilled with brake fluid
- Brake pedal is hard to push down – you probably have a problem with your brake’s power booster. This is a component designed to boost the force you apply to the brake pedal to the level needed to stop the car
- Your brakes make a squealing sound, especially when stopping short – there are several possible causes for this kind of noise but it often means your brake pads need replacing. The brake pads press into the wheels and use the resulting friction to bring them to a stop. The same friction means that brake pads will wear out over time
- The steering wheel shudders when you brake – this probably means that the rotors (on the front brakes) or drums (on the back brakes) have worn or warped unevenly. These may need to be machined back into shape or in some cases may need to be replaced
- The car pulls to one side when you brake – this is an indication that a brake on one side of the car is not working properly. The car will pull to the side of the brake that IS working correctly because that is the one doing all the work. There could be any number of reasons one brake is not working correctly, some common causes include leaks in your brake lines, a problem with pistons, wheel cylinders or the brake pads
Clutch problem warning signs
The clutch regulates the power to your engine, is necessary for your car to accelerate, deccelerate and stop and to prevent your gears from being damaged when you change them.
Your clutch takes a lot of punishment over time and without it you would be unable to change gears as required, making your car effectively undrivable - so It usually pays for you to makes sure it stays in good condition.
Indicators your clutch may not be performing as well as it should
- A Burning or hot smell similar to burning rubber is coming from the car or smoke from under vehicle is apparent
- The car seems to slip out of gear for no apparent reason, or is easily knocked out of gear
- Changing gears feels difficult or gear operation seems "sticky" and not smooth as it should be
- Shuddering when using the clutch or the clutch feels as though it is sticking, indicating the clutch is not disengaging correctly
A clutch displaying any of the symptoms outlined above under normal operation could be affected by one or more of any number of faults.
Subject to the type of vehicle or engine under consideration, similar symptoms can be displayed by a large number of different faults. This makes proper diagnosis of clutch related issues a tricky operation to say the least.
Your best bet if you are having problems with your clutch or changing gears is to bring your car to our well equipped Maddington service centre and let us check it over for you.
For the best advice on clutch related issues, including shuddering, slipping or unusual noise or vibrations contact us at Wheeler Automotives today.
If you have enjoyed our services or our website please follow us on Facebook